Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is an international non-profit organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Warehouse Assistant will provide MSU with efficient and effective documents& supplies drop offs, and clinical supplies, and warehouse management
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Deliver orders and invoices to suppliers/service providers including drug suppliers within Kampala.
· Manage workload to ensure minimal trips per day.
· Deliver both Medical and non medical supplies to MSU offices / centres around Kampala
· The Warehouse Assistant will keep stored items secure, as well as keeping the inside and outside of the warehouse clean.
· The incumbent will update stock cards and related stock records whenever he picks items from the warehouse to ensure stock balances tally.
Commodity Supplies Management: Work closely with the procurement and Logistics team to pick commodities from JMS, NMS, UHMG among others to ensure that orders are fulfilled within a reasonable time of order and check completeness of records
Record keeping and reporting: Taking necessary steps to ensure that SO guidelines are adhered to, that accurate warehouse records are updated accordingly
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma within the following areas; Stores Management, Procurement& Logistics Management, Accounting, Pharmacy
· A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position.
· Certificate in Computer Applications.
· Hold a Valid drivers’ license
· Previous experience riding both short and long journeys in and outside Kampala district
· Attitude / Motivation:
· Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
· Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
· Innovative: Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
· Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
· Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
· Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
· Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
· Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
· Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
· Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
· Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
· Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
· Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
· Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
The Warehouse Assistant is required to demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
· Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
· Equality of opportunity and access
· Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Select Apply Online option with this Position Title
Deadline: 4th November, 2016 by 12:00 am
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline