Job Title: Programme Monitoring Associate
Organisation: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: FAO Representative
Vacancy Announcement Number: FRUGA/07/041/EC/16
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has a global mandate to improve nutrition, increase agricultural productivity, raise the standard of living in rural populations and contribute to global economic’ growth. Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts - to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Programme Monitoring Associate will be in charge of the design, maintain, update and manage the FAO Uganda programme monitoring databases and ensure that all process monitoring data is updated for all FAOUG projects at all times
· Coordinate and participate in design, planning, collection, entry, statistical analysis and reporting of monitoring and results assessment exercises of FAO projects in Uganda including baseline surveys, annual reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and documenting lessons-learned;
· Actively contribute to the preparation of project progress and terminal statements/reports in collaboration with the Reporting Officer and Program Officers and ensure that results of FAO intervention are appropriately reported;
· Coordinate and participate in monitoring of FAO field programs and be the focal point, with implementing partners and FAO field staff for the support, training/refresher training and, implementation of all data collection-related issues regarding monitoring and results assessment exercises and suggest appropriate means to improve program delivery;
· Organize and participate in various needs assessment missions from conceptualization, planning, coordination, procedural, data collection and analysis in close collaboration with FAO Program Officers and Program Assistants in the field;
· Assist in the support of various FAO initiatives, personnel and projects on GIS capacity-building and development of information, communication and analytical cartographic products;
· Work closely with and interface with various UN, NGO and Government information management units in harmonization of data standards, sharing and establishing a common spatial data platform;
· Liaise and interface with other UN agencies in preparation and monitoring of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) and other UN Joint Programmes;
· Offer technical input in preparation of project profiles and proposals to donors for possible funding;
· Significantly contribute to the production of various information products, as and when required in collaboration with the Information, Communication and Reporting Officer;
· Assist in various operational tasks of FAO Uganda operations as requested;
· Perform any other relevant task requested by FAO Representative in Uganda and the Deputy FAO Representative in Uganda.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Programme Monitoring Associate career opportunity should hold a University degree, preferably in Agriculture Economics, Statistics, Natural resources, Monitoring and evaluation, Social sciences and other related disciplines.
· Hold professional or academic experience in data management and analysis using advanced Statistical software apart from spreadsheets.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in UN, International Organizations or NGO working environment in the same field would be an added advantage
· Previous experience in GIS and mapping using ESRI and/or MapInfo products.
· Proven ability, willingness and initiative to meet tight work schedules.
· Knowledge of Results Based Management
· Broad familiarity with design of logical frameworks for complex projects
· Excellent knowledge of agricultural production, extension and market linkage issues in Uganda at national, policy, local government and farm level;
· Excellent analytical, research, writing and communication skills;
· Excellent oral and written English.
NB: Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan nationals should submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) and copies of certificates in a sealed envelope, and a completed FAO Personal Profile Form that can be accessed online, Click Here (Please logon or create online profile) , quoting Vacancy Announcement no. addressed to:
The Country Representative,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Uganda.
NB: The envelopes should be registered at reception and placed in the box at reception of the FAO offices at Plot 88 Buganda Road, Wandegeya, Kampala.
Deadline: 4th November 2016 by 2:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline