Job Title: Supervisor
Organisation: Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) – Senana Supermarket
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) is a fast –growing international consulting firm that offers human resource and business support services to organisations both within and outside Uganda. We serve a variety of clients including: students, individuals, working professionals, start-up companies and established SMEs and NGOs, government agencies and projects. HRSC primarily seeks to support its client streamline HR strategies, structures and processes as well as building sustainable internal human resource capacity. Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) is recruiting for a state-of-art supermarket in the middle of Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Supervisor will be in charge of the day-to day-running of the business and assign employees to specific duties.
· Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed
· Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
· Direct and supervise employees including cashiers, line attendants, cleaners and security personnel while performing their duties/services for customers.
· Enforce safety, health, and security rules
· Regularly monitor and ascertain that there is orderliness in the movement of customers at the till and ensure that there is no over waiting or delays
· Monitor activities to ensure that customers receive satisfactory service and quality goods.
· Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time cards/sheets.
· Ensure the implementation of policies, goals, objectives, and procedures by the respective staff
· Manage the demand planning process for the relevant category of merchandise and advise on the fast or slow moving merchandise/goods
· Highlight risk and opportunities in sales volume based on statistical analyses and evaluations and Customer feedback
· Make weekly reviews for operational forecast and sales projection and plan accordingly
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Senana Supermarket Supervisor job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business management, Statistics, accounting or related field
· A minimum of two years’ experience in supervising activities in a supermarket setting or busy business
· Good management experience
· Ability to multi task and work with minimum supervision
· High level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Knowledgeable in using a computer especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Analytical skills and paying attention to details
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications together with an updated CV with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 6th October, 2016
Note: We respect all applicants but only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within three weeks from the date of submission of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline