Job Title: Proficiency Testing Administrator
Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: MUWRP- 027/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma Districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Forecast resource requirements for preparation, packaging, storage, and distribution of
· Genexpert EQA panels
· Prepare and monitors budgets for Genexpert EQA; site assessment visits, trainings, supervisions, and performance review meeting
· The jobholder will analyze expenditures and accountabilities related to Genexpert EQA activities
· Budget for infrastructure modifications for the PT Laboratory
· In charge of budgeting for Lab safety materials for Proficiency testing Laboratory
· In charge of budgeting for ISO 17043 accreditation for NTRL
· Plan for procurement of supplies and services for preparation, packaging, storage, and distribution of Genexpert EQA panels
· Identify potential sources of supply, conduct due diligence review of supplies’ capability and qualification, solicit and evaluate bids, proposals and quotations for Genexpert EQA related requirements
· Procure services for carrying out performance review meetings
· Procure internet services for Genexpert health facilities
· Procuring services for infrastructure modifications for the Proficiency testing Laboratory
· Procuring Lab safety materials for Proficiency testing Laboratory
General Administration and Management:
· The incumbent will assign and administer Genexpert EQA activities like field supervisions and review meetings
· Prepare Genexpert EQA meeting minutes, meeting notes and produce monthly administrative reports
· Maintains vehicles used in Genexpert EQA activities
· Adhere to Human Resource SOP and code of ethics and conduct
· Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Proficiency Testing Administrator must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Humanities like Business Administration, Human Resource management, etc from a recognised University/ Institution.
· Previous experience in the medical field is an added advantage.
· At least one year experience working in ISO 15189 accredited Laboratory.
· Must have knowledge on ISO 15189 and ISO 17043 standard
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline