Job Title: Officer Regulatory Reporting
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19046
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer Regulatory Reporting will steer the overall integrity and accuracy of regulatory reporting to the Bank of Uganda and South African Reserve Bank. The incumbent will also ensure full compliance with all regulations as set out by the bank of Uganda and applicable Acts. The jobholder will ensure appropriate financial controls are implemented to validate and protect the integrity of all regulatory reports and information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Bank and to avoid sanction in respect of regulatory and operational compliance matters.
- Maintain robust controls in the regulatory reporting process to ensure accuracy and integrity of the information submitted including attestations, reconciliations and reviews.
- Responsible for collecting of information in raw data from the different sources/systems and compile into the different formats/returns required for reporting
- In charge of the preparation of schedules and information for audit purposes for external audit, internal audit and any other reviews as applicable
- Ensure the all regulatory Returns are prepared and submitted to internal audit for review prior to submission to Bank of Uganda as per set deadlines.
- Ensure that there is reconciliation between the GL, credit impairment numbers and regulatory returns numbers.
- Ensure accurate posting of journal entries as may be assigned from time to time
- Continuous engagement of all key stakeholders including TCM, BOU, and group regulatory reporting team.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer Regulatory Reporting job opportunity must hold a B.Com/BBA (Accounting/Finance).
- Professional ACCA qualification is an added a advantage
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Bank of Uganda reporting requirements
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access. Working knowledge of Finacle is added advantage.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 4th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline