Job Title: Logistics Officer
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer is mainly responsible for all logistics activities in NRC Yumbe office, including Procurement, Transport/Movement Management, Storage and Asset Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure all NRC procurements are completed according to procedures at all times, and within the minimum timeframes.
· Work closely with the Logistics officer based in Kampala and the finance officer on ground, as well as the Head of Office for local procurements.
· Carry out procurements and transfer of project materials from Adjuman/Arua/Kampala to the camp sites
· Work closely with Government departments in fulfilling NRC legal contract obligations
· Guide the management on local legal issues regarding procurements and contracts
· Keep records and maintain contacts with suppliers and conduct price comparisons in order to get the best value for money
· Identify potential, credible and competent vendors for NRC to deal with
· Do town run for quick procurements and coordinate NRC procurement functions with vendors and contractors
Movement and Communication Management:
· Ensure contracts for vehicle hires are active and professionally managed, in coordination with management.
· Ensure vehicles hired are in a sound working condition and transport needs for the field staff are met on timely basis.
· Supervise the driver(s) and subordinate staff
Storage and Asset Management:
· Ensure that all items on transit are handled in accordance with NRC policies and procedures and in a timely and efficient manner.
· Keep proper record of invoice receipts, requisitions, purchase order forms, waybills, and all other documents.
· Ensure that all maintenance needs are met in a timely manner, with high quality works.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Logistics Officer career placement should hold a University/College education in logistics management/Business Administration or equivalent and appropriate professional qualification in the field of purchasing and supply
· Prior experience in big emergency logistics set up
· Fitness and ability to frequently travel to the field
· Excellent organizational skills, including, ability to work to deadlines and to priorities
· Substantial experience of providing administrative support to senior managers;
· Ability to work in a team and on an individual basis
· Ability to use computer packages - Word, Excel and Power point, email and Internet
· Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, in English
· Manage own time under guidance and direction from superiors
· Working with people
· Good at planning and delivering results
· Communicating with impact and respect
· Experience in handling insecure environments
· All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline