Job Title: Legal Officer
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and 7 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will be provide legal services to Pride Microfinance Ltd (MDI)’s Management and staff in accordance with the company's policies, procedures and the law.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer legal advice to Management and staff on issues relating to the operations, procedures and policies of the organization.
- Ensure registration of Pride’s interest; namely mortgages, caveats and debentures on ownership documents pledged by clients.
- Draft and review legal all documents and other collateral securities relating to Pride’s business.
- Routinely represent Pride in courts of law and any other fora and design appropriate litigation strategy to monitor progress of litigation matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Legal Officer should preferably hold an Honours degree in Law from a recognized University
- Hold a Post graduate diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Be an Enrolled Advocate for at least 2 (two) years with a valid practicing certificate.
- He/She should possess prior experience of at least 2 years in a reputable organization preferably financial institution or a busy Law firm.
- All candidates should also possess 2 principle passes at A’ Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- Possess good customer awareness and emotional intelligence skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate should maintain confidentiality, have Self- drive and confidence, be Proactive
- Possess business acumen
- Excellent public relation skills
- Ability to multi-tasking
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good at goal setting and quality control.
- She/she should also be computer literate
- Possess the ability to coach & mentor
- Skilled in change management
- Possess emotional intelligence and advocacy skills
Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees, copies of academic transcripts, copy of riding permit, postal address and a daytime telephone contact.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st October, 2016