Job Title: Finance Officer
Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 33 networked branches and 7 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Finance Officer will be responsible for preparing various accounting records/GL supporting schedules
- Processing all petty cash issues both for Head Office and Branch and receive accountabilities of funds returned by staff.
- Verifying filing and coding all receipts, payments and in-coming vouchers/documents from branches and Head Office as per Chart of Accounts.
- Entering and updating all financial data in the computer with meaningful narration and advising staff on various entries.
- Reconciling various general ledger accounts to ascertain accuracy of data in the IT system (Bankers realm) and genuineness of transactions for the branches allocated.
- Actively participating in the stock taking-of assets and maintenance of asset registers
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Finance Officer should preferably hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce (Accounting); BBA (Accounting); Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or in a related field.
- The candidate should have 2 principle passes at A’ Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and eager to learn.
- S/He must possess high organizational skill with good interpersonal, communication and accounting skills.
- High degree of integrity and highly reliable.
- Age: 30 years or less
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees, copies of academic transcripts, copy of riding permit, postal address and a daytime telephone contact.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st October, 2016