Job Title: ICT Assistant
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Officer
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) is a Company limited by guarantee under Makerere University. MJAP emerged from the Mulago-Mbarara Teaching Hospitals Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) which was established in November 2004 under the then Makerere University Faculty of Medicine with funding from the US President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and technical assistance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). MJAP is currently implementing a five year Grant under the Presidential Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief II (PEPFAR II) supporting the provision of comprehensive HIV/AIDS services including integration of these services in the broader health context in line with the Global Health Initiative (GHI) while strengthening all the Health System Components in the partner institutions to enhance their capacity to provide these services.
Job Summary: The ICT Assistant will mainly manage the day - to- day operations of Mbarara ICT infrastructure through configuration, implementation and maintenance of ICT equipment in line with the Program ICT policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of installing, maintaining and repairing hardware and software
· Responsible for testing and evaluating new technology and supporting new applications and users.
· Implement network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
· Troubleshoot telecom, computer hardware/software and network problems
· Build staff capacity in usage and consumption of ICT services
· Provide technical and expertise support to procurement office regarding procurement and disposal of ICT goods and services
· Implement backup solutions for program data and information
· The jobholder will provide basic maintenance of the mail server with outlook for users, File Transfer Protocol (FTP) service, and update the servers as per the human resource department
· Plan, design and implement Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN) and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) solutions and keep them in a functional state
· Conduct periodic maintenance of ICT equipment.
· Maintaining an up-to-date and consolidated database of all program computers and peripherals
· Website maintenance which will include regular updating of the program websites
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunication or its equivalent education from recognized University.
· A minimum of two years relevant working experience in ICT services
· Broad knowledge of network design, implementation and administration
· Knowledge of Linux administration
· Principles of Information and Communication Technology
· Up-to-date knowledge of developments in computer hardware, software and systems
· Broad knowledge of internet systems and operations
· ICT management and trouble shooting
· Preventive maintenance of computers and accessories
· Excellent interpersonal relationship management skills
· Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative
· High degree of integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant academic documents addressed to: The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) via Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 20th October, 2016 by 5:00 PM.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline