Job Title: Personal Secretary
Organisation: PPDA Appeals Tribunal
Reports to: Registrar
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Appeals Tribunal (the Tribunal) is a quasi-judicial body established by the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003, as amended. The Tribunal commenced its work in July 2014 and its main function is to hear appeals from bidders who are aggrieved or dissatisfied with the decisions of the Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (Authority). The Tribunal also hears applications made by procuring and disposing entities and persons who allege that a decision by the Authority has adversely affected their rights.
Job Summary: The Personal Secretary is mainly responsible for all Tribunal secretarial work, office support and front office management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receive and attend to visitors of the Tribunal
· The incumbent will attend to incoming and outgoing telephone calls
· Arrange official appointments and meetings
· The jobholder will maintain and update filing and mailing systems
· Receive and dispatch mails or any other correspondences
· Type letters, correspondences, proceedings and decisions of the Tribunal
· The incumbent will also transcribe proceedings and any other recorded meetings of the Tribunal
· Maintain the calendar and schedules of the Registrar
· Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the Registrar
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a diploma in the relevant field from a reputable institution. A university degree shall be an added advantage.
· At least two years’ working experience demonstrating strong organizational and interpersonal skills
· Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge of Microsoft office, internet and email, and experience in records management.
· Excellent customer care/front desk office management skills
· Transcription knowledge and experience is key
· Proficient in English language and conversant with legal language
· Age: Between 25-35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in triplicate accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), photocopies of academic documents and certificates to the address below;
PPDA Appeals Tribunal,
7th Floor Communications House,
P.O. Box 36034 Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 15th October, 2o16 by 4.00p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline