Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Engineer-Mechanical & Electrical Planning
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Engineer III-Mechanical & Electrical Planning will provide system performance monitoring for MTN’s core network nodes through monitoring and recording monthly load values at key installations, projecting future power demand basing on the monthly load increments and advice on system upgrades and authorize and supervise additions and decommissioning of installations to the existing installations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will design layouts of lighting, sockets, air conditioners on new installations
· Dimension the right switching, control gear and all accessories forming part of the circuits
· Make allowance for other services such as water, CCTV, Access Control Fire Fighting
· Regularly monitor and record monthly load values at key installations
· Project future power demand basing on the monthly load increments
· Authorize additions and decommissioning of installations to the existing installation
· Allocate the right breakers according to power demand
· The incumbent will maintain a well labeled Legend Card of all installations
· Issue work permits to contractors performing such work that can cause danger
· Supervise and close work permits on completion of tasks
· Dimension generators and air conditioners accordingly
· Regularly monitor generators and air conditioners age
· Project dates for replacements
· Observe electrical safety at all sites
· Come up with alternatives to diesel driven alternators where applicable
· Maintain a good stack of spares for the critical installations such as rectifiers, inverters, UPS spares etc.
· Develop standard specifications for MTN Mechanical & Electrical related installations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the MTN Engineer III-Mechanical & Electrical Planning job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Telecommunications engineering.
· At least two years’ experience as a Mechanical & Electrical Engineer in Dynamic Power or Telecommunication Industry
· Good knowledge on AC and DC installations as well as on air conditioners, generators and electrical designs.
· Proficiency in MS Office packages- Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Projects
· Innovation, results-oriented and have the ability to work long hours under pressure
· Good team player,
· Proven ability to work without close supervision
· Possess a Can do attitude
· Able to operate in a performance driven environment.
· Highly analytical and decisive with technical troubleshooting experience.
· A positive & service oriented attitude
· The applicant must hold a 2 years & above valid driver’s license and able to travel
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the telecom industry should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, Uganda at (MTN Towers)
Deadline: 13th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline