Job Title: Emotional Wellness Coordinator
Organization: Akola Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Akola (she works) Project is a US founded non-profit, social business that empowers women by facilitating vocational training, employment opportunities, savings and loans associations, education programs, support groups and leadership development.
Job Summary: The Emotional Wellness Coordinator will lead Akola Project’s member counseling program; assist with Akola’s Emotional Wellness Training program; assist with other Empowerment Program tasks and projects as needed; assist with Akola Project program and strategy planning. The Emotional Wellness Coordinator will be responsible for Akola’s member counseling program and Emotional Wellness Training Program. The incumbent will also provide administrative and other support to Empowerment Team staff, and assist with other empowerment programs as needed. Lastly, you will also assist staff members in creating project plans, program strategies and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Akola Project Emotional Wellness Coordinator employment opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in counseling, counseling psychology, guidance and counseling, or related field
· At least two years’ experience in professional counseling
· Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
· Prior experience using a database to keep records
· Experience facilitating training sessions that are engaging
· Previous experience working in a cross-cultural setting preferred
· Language proficiency i.e. Ability to read, write, and speak English, Luganda, and Lusoga. Additional languages are a plus.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send the E-mail applications labeled “Application: Counselor” to email@example.com. The application should send the following;
- Resume/CV highlighting work experience
- Cover letter that outlines (1) Why you are interested in this position, Akola Project, the mission/vision, and Uganda specifically; (2) Why you believe you are the best candidate for the job; (3) The role your faith plays in your work
· Contact information for two references: one personal and one professional.
· A paragraph that answers two of the four following questions:
o Describe a situation that changed the course of your life, including how this changed you.
o Describe your experience working with people of different backgrounds. How does this influence your approach to counseling?
o Describe a situation where your personal and professional values were in conflict. How did you reach a resolution?
o What is one thing you want to see change in your lifetime? Include a detailed explanation of how you would work to change it, if resources did not limit you.
NB: Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Deadline: 30th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline