Job Title: International Research Manager
Organisation: Restless Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Salary: UGX 94,569,009 gross per annum, 25% of gross annual salary for Out of country supplement and 8% for housing, Medical Insurance
Restless Development is an international non-profit organization which is embarking on becoming the global banner carrier for youth-led development; demonstrating at the grassroots and policy levels that young people can and must play a lead role in development. Over the past five years, Restless Development has more than tripled the size of its budgets and programmes, and has been repeatedly cited as a model of best practice in youth-led development by the World Bank, DFID, UNICEF and others.
Job Summary: The International Research Manager will steer Restless’ research agenda and thought leadership in this thematic area to reinforce the Restless Development ‘inform’ model which shapes, shares and draws on evidence to strengthen the quality, scope, scale, and effectiveness of our Deliver and Influence work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support to the Youth: Working with the Youth Think Tank Programme team, the International Think Tank Program Research manager will:
· Provide technical support and oversight of research design and approach to the regional program
· Provide technical guidance and training to youth researchers.
· Support data analysis and validation
· Offer support in the development and dissemination of research products
· Guide other hubs towards regional programmes, particularly linked to youth led research, livelihoods, and youth led accountability
· Develop staff capacity in key elements of the research cycle especially youth -led research
Technical research and youth livelihoods support to other programmes and Hubs: Working with programme managers, M&E and Research leads of Uganda and other Restless Hubs, the International Research Manager will improve research and livelihoods programme quality by:
· In charge of strengthening, incubating and documenting research and livelihoods models and approaches to be adapted to other hubs and programmes, based on existing youth-led research and agriculture initiatives
· Responsible for developing and refining research approaches and models by linking to professional research institutions and establish partnerships for research
· Building on the Uganda youth-led research experience to produce research outputs supporting the deliver, inform and influence functions of the Restless Model across the Global Agency
· In charge of identifying opportunities for youth beyond the agency to get involved in research, while also ensuring that both research products, as well as research tools and approaches can directly support the Platform and Network ambitions of the Youth Collective
· Supporting development of research and livelihoods related proposals.
· Developing mechanisms to disseminate research findings
Monitoring evaluation and learning:
· Support Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning related to livelihoods and research work of the global agency
· Actively contribute to the integration of Research and Livelihoods principles in the Restless Model and the youth Collective.
· Provide timely information (reports) to guide decision making processes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Restless Development International Research Manager career opportunity must possess a Master’s Degree.
· A minimum of five to seven years working experience as a professional researcher connected to the international development sector, with specific expertise in youth livelihoods in Africa
· Proven ability to translate complex concepts, analysis and findings into understandable, clear and accessible information for diverse audiences
· Previous exposure and experience working with Research Institutions
· Ability to write in clear, plain English and to document/package research findings
· Broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary development issues particularly those related to economic opportunities for youth, SRHR, Active Citizenship of young people and youth leadership
· Previous experience with Monitoring and Evaluation systems is desirable
· Computer literacy skills with proficiency in office applications
· The successful candidate must be results orientated, very innovative, highly creative and have demonstrated analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and manage expectations of many stakeholders.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application, form, download here and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline