Job Title: Driver
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 5894
Grade Level: G-2
Reports to: Admin/Finance Associate
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives. Since UNFPA started working in 1969, the number – and rate – of women dying from complications of pregnancy or childbirth has been halved. Families are smaller and healthier. Young people are more connected and empowered than ever before.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Driving office vehicles and transporting UNFPA staff and official visitors in town and on field missions
· Ensuring day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicle.
· Carrying out minor repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
· Logging official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption and oil changes, greasing etc.
· Responsible for collecting and delivering mail, packages and equipment.
· Carrying out clerical work related to administrative services such as sorting, filing, photocopying etc.
· Ensuring that, in the event of an accident involving the office vehicle, the necessary steps required by rules and regulations are followed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNFPA Driver job opportunity should have completed secondary education
· Hold a valid driving permit and clean driving record
· A minimum of two years driving experience with reputable organizations
· Fluency in English
· Business Acumen
· Implementing management systems
· Client orientation
· Values: Integrity/Commitment to mandate, Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning, Valuing diversity
· Managing Relationships: Working in teams, Communicating information and ideas, Conflict and self management
· Working with people: Empowerment/Developing people/Performance management
· Personal Leadership and Effectiveness: Strategic and analytical thinking, Results orientation/Commitment to excellence, Appropriate and transparent decision making
N.B: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants who wish to join the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to click on the link below and follow the application instructions after reviewing the job details.
Deadline: 26th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline