Job Title: Driver
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services to staff of the Authority and authorized visitors. He/she will ensure the highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security. The Driver will demonstrate a client - oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds. Additionally, He/She will be responsible for driving office vehicles during delivery/collection of mails, documents and other items.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Driver will drive safely and reliably according to the road and traffic laws and regulations of Uganda and ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and the agreed standards of the Authority.
· Safe delivery and collection of mail, documents and any other items.
· The incumbent will ensure good management of the vehicle including safety, cleanliness and tidiness.
· Complete vehicle daily log sheets and carry out daily and weekly maintenance checks on the vehicle.
· Prepare and submit monthly reports for the assigned vehicle
· Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Driver job must hold an Ordinary level certificate
· Possess a valid clean computerized driving permit with classes B and CM driving classes
· At least five (5) years’ driving experience with an accident free record
· Demonstrate ability to undertake basic vehicle maintenance and repair.
· Previous experience in working in a busy environment will be an added Advantage.
· Computer Literacy and knowledge of use of email and other relevant Eservices.
· Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Ability and willingness to work late and during weekends.
· Proven track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent driving skills
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a team.
· Fluency of both spoken and written English
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline