Job Title: Driver
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Administrator
The Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) is implementing a project to establish the National Farmers’ Leadership Centre (NFLC) at Kampiringisa in Mpigi District. The project which started in 2011 is funded by a bilateral grant from the Republic of Korea through the Korean International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). Construction of buildings and other infrastructure is almost completed and the equipping the centre with requisite equipment and materials is on-going. Based on the Korean experience, NFLC focuses on mind-set change training for Agricultural leaders, community leaders and the political and civic leaders for the overall rural transformation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Drive the Project vehicle during assigned official duties;
· Ensure that the project vehicle is maintained in sound mechanical condition;
· Ensure proper service of the vehicle regularly;
· Maintain an update vehicle log book;
· Responsible for reporting any defects, accidents and mechanical defaults to relevant authorities;
· Perform any other assigned duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Driver must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE ) with at least a pass in English and Mathematics;
· Possess a clean driving license preferably B and DL class;
· A minimum of five years’ experience of driving in a reputable organization;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Must have passed competency driving test administered by Ministry of Works and Transport;
· Good knowledge of motor vehicle mechanics is an added advantage.
· Highly flexible and organized;
· Ability to work beyond normal working hours;
· Ability to meet deadlines.
· Impeccable level of integrity;
· High degree of professionalism;
· Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills;
· Ability to work calmly under pressure;
· Ability to live and work in an institutional and camp environment
· Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandan citizens should fill in the Public Service Form 3 (Revised), download here and submit it to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, P.O. Box 102, Entebbe, Uganda
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline