Job Title: Driver
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programme, E4D/SOGA
GIZ provides customised solutions to complex challenges. We are an experienced service provider and assist the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation. We offer demand-driven, tailor-made and effective services for sustainable development.
About E4D/SOGA Project:
The E4D/SOGA - Employment and Skills for Eastern Africa initiative is an innovative public-private partnership with activities in Kenya, Mozambique, Tanzania and Uganda. The initiative is implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (NORAD). E4D/SOGA operates under the umbrella of BMZ's regional Employment for Sustainable Development in Africa (E4D) programme. The overall objective of the SOGA initiative is to ensure that Women, men and young people in East Africa gain employment and economic opportunities in the natural resources and infrastructure supply chain.
Job Summary: The Driver will support the Project by ensuring;
· Safe and responsible driving of office vehicles
· Routine maintenance and care of office vehicles
· Takes careful note of all available information concerning street conditions, effective routes and locations
· Running of official errands and assisting with other office services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Driving and Chauffeuring:
· Drive office vehicles safely and chauffeur GIZ E4D/SOGA employees, GIZ E4D/S0GA -hired consultants, official visitors and guests to official destinations.
· Offers support in the transportation of goods.
Maintenance of Cars:
· Regularly cleans the inside and outside of the office vehicle.
· Checks oil, water, brake and clutch fluids on a daily basis; tyre pressures, battery water, and overall vehicle condition on a monthly basis or after 5000 Km whichever comes earlier; tests lights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.
· The incumbent reports the need for maintenance and undertakes minor repairs.
· Immediately reports any involvement of the project/office vehicle in any, even minor accidents, or any damage or theft of equipment from the vehicle.
· Logs in vehicle movement in vehicle log book correctly & accurately on a daily basis, and registers each monthly check.
· Compiles driver reports on condition of vehicle.
· Uses all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations) to update knowledge of street conditions, effective routes and locations daily.
· Exchanges this information with other drivers.
· Wears proper attire.
· Serves all passengers in a friendly manner.
· Runs errands for the GIZ E4D/SOGA Office e.g. delivery of letters/messages, payment of bills, and makes minor purchases as directed.
· Responsible for official documents in vehicle.
· Responsible for a special petty cash and submits vouchers for accounting on a monthly basis.
· Does not use, at any time, the car for his/her own private purposes. Such misuse of the vehicle is considered a serious misconduct, and will immediately lead to a warning and may result in dismissal.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks:
· If there is no outside driving activity, s/he stands by in the office, supports other colleagues in case of need, and does other office work as assigned.
· Reports any incident whilst off duty that may affect his/her driving licence entitlement, as well as any newly known health problems that may affect his/her ability to drive.
· Assists in and/or carries out other activities and any tasks as assigned.
· Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold an Advanced Certificate of Education
· Certificate in mechanics and vehicle maintenance
· Hold a Certificate in defensive driving
· Possession of a valid driver’s license
· A minimum of three years’ working experience as a driver, with references
· Excellent English and local language skills
· No history of major accidents within the past 3 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via email to email@example.com
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline