Job Title: Director Tourism and Business Services
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities which was established in 1996 in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is:” To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.”
Job Summary: The Director Tourism and Business Services will be tasked with formulating and implementing Tourism, Marketing and Business plans that ensure effective revenue generation and financial sustainability without compromising the conservation status of the natural resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure the development and Implementation of comprehensive Tourism, Marketing and Business plans.
· In charge of developing and maintaining Tourism and Business Infrastructure and facilities as identified in the GMP.
· Actively promoting and attracting Tourism and Business Investments.
· Ensure effective management of Concessions so as to optimize realization of their benefit to UWA
· Work closely with Tourism stakeholders, Government Agencies, Donors, Development partners in implementing the Tourism Business plans.
· Providing strategic direction to the Tourism Department.
· Ensuring the promotion, marketing and sale of tourism Business Development Products and Services.
· Preparing and implementing Fundraising Plans to raise funds for UWA,
· Preparing regular departmental reports to the Executive Director.
· Perform any other duty assigned from time to time by the supervisor or Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UWA Director Tourism and Business Services job placement must hold a Master’s Degree in any of the following:- Business Administration, Tourism, Marketing, Management and Economics or its equivalent plus a Bachelor's Degree in the following fields:- Business Administration( Marketing option), Tourism, Commerce (Marketing option), Economics or any relevant qualification from a recognized University or Institution.
· A minimum of eight (8) years experience in Business Development, Tourism or Marketing from a reputable Organization three (3) of which should beat Senior Managerial level.
· Computer literacy skills
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
· Good fundraising skills.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Knowledge of Nature based tourism
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
· Excellent Customer care skills.
· Concern for quality and standards;
· Good time management skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Leadership and Team Work.
· Finance and Human Resource Management.
· Should have keen interest in research, tourism and wildlife related work.
· High degree of ethics and Integrity.
· Age: Below 48 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs and three (3) competent referees with daytime telephone contact addressed and submitted to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Authority,
Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline