Job Title: Director Research & Market Development
Organisation: Capital Markets Authority (CMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Capital Markets Authority (CMA) was established by the Capital Markets Authority Act Chapter 84 Laws of Uganda as a semi-autonomous body responsible for the promotion, development and regulation of the capital markets industry in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Director Research & Market Development will formulate and manage the implementation of CMA’s research and market development initiatives aimed at demonstrating the benefits of the Capital Markets to issuers (in financing private sector growth and infrastructure development) and to investors / savers; and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Capital Markets industry regulatory framework.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undertake research into improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Uganda’s capital markets regulatory and operating framework, and preparing discussion papers to guide policy formulation to improve CMA’s effectiveness as a capital markets regulator and development agency;
· The jobholder will develop and monitor the implementation of CMA’s Strategic Plan;
· Finalize the development and monitor the implementation of the Ten (10) year Capital Markets Master plan.
· Provide oversight to the Communication & Public Relations function on Public Education aspects of the Communications function.
· Manage the development and implementation of the Capital Markets Certification Program;
· In charge of initiating and coordinating investor and issuer education and awareness campaigns, in association with securities exchanges and licensed market intermediaries
· Managing the performance of the department. This includes setting performance targets; managing staff capacity development; approving department budgets and work plans; and appraising staff periodically;
· Serve as the focal point person for management of donor funded consultancy studies which includes developing terms of reference, evaluating consultant proposals and approving deliverables, for local and regional consultancies;
· Perform any other related duties as may be delegated by the CEO
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree, with honors, in any of the following: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Commerce / Business Administration or any other relevant degree from a recognized University and a post-graduate qualification in Economics, Public Policy, Finance or Investments or relevant field from a recognized University.
· At least five years’ experience at a senior level in a regulatory environment with demonstrable understanding of research, planning, management of/working with consultants, preferably in the capital markets or non-bank financial sector;
· Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should hand deliver or send via email (in standard file types, namely Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat (pdf) in a single attachment, and should not exceed 10MB their applications together with a recent CV (with 3 references), copies of academic transcripts and/or certificates to the Director Corporate Services to Capital Markets Authority, 8th Floor, Jubilee Insurance Center, Plot 14 Parliament Avenue, P.O. Box 24565 Kampala. Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 4th November, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline