Job Title: Director of Finance and Administration (DFA)
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will be responsible for the Finance and Administration Directorate and will report to the Executive Director (ED) of the Authority. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing appropriate systems for the management of the Authority’s Finances, Accounts, Procurement, Human Resource, Administration and Estates. He/She will support strategic decision making and operations of the Authority.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of initiating and budgeting for the activities of the Finance and Administration Directorate.
· Take lead in the Finance and Accounting functions in the Authority.
· Ensure appropriate maintenance and management of the Authority’s records, information, and registries.
· Responsible for developing and implementing appropriate financial systems, policies, procedures and practices for the Authority in line with the Public Finance Management Act and any other relevant laws.
· Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of the Authority’s budget, financial statements and any related documents together with communicating financial statements of the Authority.
· Actively participate in the preparation and implementation of strategic business plans and goals for the Authority.
· Responsible for the Human Resource Management of the Authority.
· Ensure efficient procurement and disposal function of the Authority and in particular, ensure establishment of a functioning contracts committee, and a procurement and disposal unit in accordance with the Laws of Uganda.
· Responsible for the administrative and operational functions of the Authority ensuring that they are undertaken in an efficient and effective manner.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the ED.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) career opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in Finance; or Business Administration majoring in Accounting from an internationally recognised University.
· A Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Finance, Commerce or Business Administration from an internationally recognized institution.
· Professional qualification in ACCA or CPA.
· At least ten years’ relevant working experience, seven of which should have been in a reputable, busy and organized institution.
· Previous experience in working in a leadership role in an organization/business unit/project with diverse professionals.
· Working experience in finance and/or administration in Oil and Gas sector is an added advantage
· Good knowledge of the policies, financial and administrative procedures and legislations relevant to Uganda’s oil and gas sector.
· An internationally recognized qualification in law or economics is desired
· Highly innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Proven track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
· Good track record of training and mentoring others.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline