Job Title: Director HR & Administration
Organisation: Uganda Development Bank (UDB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Development Bank Ltd (UDBL) is the country's only Development Finance Institution (DFI) established in 1972. The Bank has recently re-positioned itself as a partner to the Government of Uganda in delivering the theme of its National Development Plan.
Job Summary: The Director HR & Administration provides strategic direction to Board and Management on human resources and administrative issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide strategic leadership for HR and Administration related functions bank-wide;
· Formulate and proactively facilitate implementation of appropriate strategies and plans focused on hiring, developing, motivating and retaining the best talent within the Bank.
· Develop for management robust HR tools, systems and equip them with knowledge to effectively manage the Human Resources in line with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
· Champion and facilitate continuous development and dissemination of HR policies to ensure they are relevant, responsive, up-to-date and property understood bank-wide to ensure compliance
· Responsible for effective relationships with internal stakeholders and external third party suppliers
· Steer the design and implementation of need- based, cost-effective learning and growth as well as overall organizational development strategies to support the Bank's business goals and improve corporate performance.
· Ensure that the brand values are lived by the staff in the Bank to achieve the desired corporate culture
· Take lead on relevant projects relating to HR and administration and its future evolution in the business.
· Steer the design, implementation and effective monitoring of appropriate employee reward strategies, policies and programs to enable the bank attract and retain the best talent.
· Develop and implement policies and strategies to manage the Bank physical assets, insurance policies, office space, office supplies and sundries.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for this vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, or relevant field. Possession of a Master’s Degree or any postgraduate qualification in any relevant field.
· At least ten years of HR background, eight of which should be at a senior management level.
· The jobholder will be dynamic, passionate, and accountable HR professional to join the current leadership team.
· This is a senior role which requires extensive leadership and managerial experience, in-depth appreciation of the corporate and HR strategies.
How to Apply:
All applicants are strongly encouraged to send or deliver their applications which should include an up-to-date curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic documents and contact addresses of three professional references to: The Chief Executive Officer, Human Resources & Administration, 1st Floor Wing B, Rwenzori Towers, Plot 6 Nakasero Road, P.O. Box 7210, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 21st October 2016 by 5.00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline