Job Title: Director Exploration
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Director Exploration (DE) will be responsible for the Exploration Directorate and will report to the Executive Director (ED) of the Authority. The jobholder will be responsible for monitoring and regulating petroleum exploration and appraisal operations by licensed oil companies, including review and recommendation of exploration work programs and budgets proposed by licensees. He/She will also be responsible for evaluating and advising on issuance, renewal and revocation of petroleum exploration licenses among others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for initiating and budgeting for the activities of the Exploration Directorate.
· Lead the evaluation of work programs and budgets for licensed oil companies under exploration.
· In charge of monitoring and regulating petroleum exploration activities and reporting compliance of exploration licensees with respect to the relevant laws, regulations and Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs).
· Actively participate in technical meetings and Advisory Committee Meetings (ACM) between the Authority and licensees.
· Support the establishment of, and reporting on, the country’s petroleum resources by the ministry responsible for petroleum.
· Recommend and advise the ED on the policies and legislation affecting petroleum exploration.
· Ensure evaluation of relevant reports, data and samples submitted by oil companies under petroleum exploration licenses.
· In charge of evaluating and advising on issuance, renewal and revocation of petroleum exploration licenses.
· Engage with oil companies on matters pertaining to the requirements of exploration licenses.
· Work closely with other relevant institutions to enforce compliance in petroleum exploration operations.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Director Exploration career opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Engineering from an internationally recognized University.
· Hold a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution.
· At least ten years’ relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector 7 years of which should be in a busy and reputable oil and gas institution.
· Previous experience in working in a leadership role in an organization /business unit/project with diverse professionals.
· Participation in petroleum exploration field work and experience in field supervision of petroleum exploration activities.
· An Internationally recognized qualification in Management, Law, Economics, or Business Administration is desired
· Good knowledge of the oil and gas policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding petroleum exploration in Uganda.
· Membership of relevant professional organisations.
· Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Proven track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
· Track record of training and mentoring others.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Proficiency in relevant computer packages
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline