Job Title: Director Development & Production
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Director Development & Production (will be responsible for the Development and Production Directorate and will report to the Executive Director (ED) of the Authority. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and regulating petroleum development and production operations by licensed oil companies, reserve estimation, measurement of produced oil, together with reviewing and recommending development and production work programs and budgets as proposed by licensees. He/She will also be responsible for evaluating and recommending issuance, renewal and revocation of production licences among others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for initiating and budgeting for the activities of the Development and Production Directorate.
· Take lead in the review and recommendation of work programs and budgets for licensed oil companies under development and production.
· In charge of monitoring and regulating petroleum development and production activities and reporting compliance by licensees In line with the relevant laws, regulations and the Production Sharing Agreements (PSAs) in Uganda.
· Support the establishment of, and reporting on, the country’s petroleum reserves by the ministry responsible for petroleum.
· Reporting on the quantity of petroleum produced by the licensees and working with the Director of Technical Support Services to ascertain the share of petroleum due to the State.
· In charge of evaluating and advising on issuance, renewal and revocation of petroleum production licences.
· Actively participate in technical meetings and Advisory Committee Meetings (ACM) between the Authority and licensees.
· Engage with oil companies on matters pertaining to the requirements of production licenses.
· Recommend approval of tail end production and cessation of petroleum activities and decommissioning.
· Recommend and advise the ED on the policies and legislation affecting petroleum development and production.
· Ensure evaluation of reports, data and samples submitted by oil companies under petroleum production licenses.
· Work closely with other relevant institutions to enforce compliance in petroleum development and production operations.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Director Development & Production job placement must hold a Master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or Petroleum Geosciences from an internationally recognized University.
· Possess a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related discipline from an internationally recognized institution.
· At least ten years’ relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector, 7 years of which should be in a busy and reputable oil and gas institution.
· Previous experience in working in a leadership role in an organization/business unit/project with diverse professionals.
· Previous experience in field supervision of petroleum operations.
· An Internationally recognised qualification in Management, Law, Economics or Business Administration is an added advantage
· Good knowledge of the policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding petroleum development and production in Uganda.
· Membership to relevant professional organisations.
· Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Proven track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
· Good track record of training and mentoring others.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Proficiency in relevant computer packages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline