Job Title: Data Manager
Organisation: RTI International
Project Name: USAID ENVISION Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
RTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About USAID ENVISION Project:
RTI International is implementing the ENVISION Project in Uganda which is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and aims at providing assistance to national NTD control programs for the control and elimination of seven targeted NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, trachoma, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, and three soil-transmitted helminths (roundworm, hookworm, and whipworm). ENVISION contributes to the global goal of reducing the burden of targeted NTDs so that they are no longer a public health problem in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Data Manager will oversee the generation, organization, storage and analysis of data to guide program decisions on Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) in support of the Ministry of Health. The incumbent will also provide essential M&E support as assigned to ensure relevance of data to program activities and develop and maintain robust quality information systems. Specific attention will be paid to data security and confidentiality.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID ENVISION Project Data Manager must hold a BSc / BA in Statistics / Biostatistics
· Possession of post graduate training in M and E and data management
· Training in computer science will be an added advantage
· Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation/ management of data
· Prior experience of working on a US government funded program is required.
· Familiarity with modern database and information systems
· Computer literacy i.e. proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.)
· Highly analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
How to Apply:
All applicants should send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter to the Human Resources Manager via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Emails should not exceed 2MB. The applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email.
Deadline: 24th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline