Job Title: Custodian/Day Guard
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Custodian/Day Guard will provide security for URC USAID’s RHITES EC Uganda staff and property during the hours of 7:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday with the overall aim of ensuring smooth functioning of office operations and project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure proper security for both staff and property;
· Make recommendations to improve security;
· Act as the first contact for visitors and receiving them in a courteous way and directing them to reception;
· Responsible for opening and closing gates for visitors;
· Record all vehicles entering in and out of office premise;
· Regular patrol around the of offices throughout the day;
· Deny entry to any persons wishing to enter the compound without legitimate business with URC;
· Assist in compound cleaning when requested;
· Perform any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Custodian/Day Guard job placement must hold an A ‘Level Certificate and Minimum Certificate II in Security Operation
· Current first aid certificate
· Previous experience in NGO security Management
· At least five years’ experience in managing security in the NGO sector
· Proven high level communication, both in writing and oral in English
· Full knowledge of the local context
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline