Job Title: Construction Engineer
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Construction
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Construction Engineer will be responsible for execution of works for roads and bridges development, upgrading and rehabilitation. This will involve delivering construction works, developing and implementing environmental and social management plans and timely progress reporting and managing work schedules as approved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will implement construction/rehabilitation of roads and bridges projects (as a contractor) in line with approved strategic plan;
· Regularly monitor and supervise implementation of construction/rehabilitation of roads and bridges projects in line with standards and specifications and project plans;
· Carry out quality management and confirmation of measurements of the executed works in line with bills of quantities, standards, and specifications;
· Routinely monitor project timelines for construction/rehabilitation of roads and bridges projects in line with the approved work program;
· Prepare and submit progress reports on construction/rehabilitation of roads and bridges projects in line with performance agreements;
· Monitor financial progress of the project(s) managed in line with contract financing agreements;
· Respond to audit reports and implement agreed recommendations within specified time frames;
· Develop risk matrix and put in place risk mitigation measures of management of road projects.
· Mentor and manage other staff on construction projects in line with the Human Resource Policies Manual.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Construction Engineer job opportunity should hold an Honors Degree in Civil Engineering;
· Professional registration with the ERB or relevant Association of professional engineers in the Commonwealth countries is must;
· Possession of other Post Graduate qualifications in Civil Engineering or other relevant field will be an added advantage;
· At least three years’ experience in roads and bridges construction;
· Computer literacy skills
· Previous exposure and experience in Project Management of major construction works;
· Demonstrated working experience in managing diverse professionals.
· High level of integrity;
· Proven track record of outstanding performance;
· Ability to work as part of a team;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Ability to deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline