Job Title: Communications Manager
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities which was established in 1996 in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is:” To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.”
Job Summary: The Communications Manager will be responsible with the formulation and implementation of the communication and public relations policy to enhance the corporate image of UWA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of developing and implementing strategies for managing communication relations in order to facilitate the effective dissemination of information pertaining to UWA
· Building and managing relationships with the Media so as to facilitate effective dissemination of Information pertaining to UWA
· Preparing the Annual Corporate Report for UWA
· Coordinating with stakeholders and the media in implementing UWA's public relations programmes.
· In charge of designing, developing and disseminating Communication and Public relations materials.
· Proactively engage the media to ensure positive reporting on UWA and ensure immediate response to any negative reporting.
· In charge of developing and coordinating the implementation of UWA’s Corporate Social Responsibility.
· Coordinating the activities of Honorary Wildlife Officers.
· Formulating strategies to enhance UWA’s Corporate Image programmes.
· Preparing and submitting periodic reports in line with UWA's reporting guidelines.
· The jobholder will be overseeing the management all UWA web content and comunications.
· Perform any other duty as assigned by Management and or Executive Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UWA Communications Manager career opportunity must hold a Masters Degree In either International Relations, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication, or related field from a reputable University or Institution.
· The applicant must also possess an Honors Bachelor’s Degree In; Public Relations, Journalism, Mass communication, International Relations, Literature in English or a related field from a recognized University or Institution,
· A minimum of seven (7) years working experience in Public Relations and communication from a reputable Media Company or at least coordinating Media Business, two (2) of which should have been at Senior Officer Level.
· Strong negotiation skills and ability to build relations and networks,
· Self-driven, exceptional team player and highly innovative.
· Excellent communication skills, with a keen interest in latest media trends.
· Ability to pay attention to details.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Good coordination skills
· Good knowledge of ICT.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Good time management skills
· Concern for quality and standards.
· High degree of ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
· Good planning, organizing and coordinating various assignments
· Age: Below 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs and three (3) competent referees with daytime telephone contact addressed and submitted to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Authority,
Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline