Job Title: Commercial Manager -Radio
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager-Commercial
Monitor Publications Limited (MPL), a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda's most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Commercial Manager –Radio will formulate and coordinate strategic advertising plans and to implement them to ensure growth of print advertising revenues and advertising market share of Monitor Publications. The position will entail optimizing MPL profitability and market share by achievement of short, mid and long term revenue objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the growth of all advertising revenue in the radio business
· Actively promotes the services offered by Radio to existing as well as potential clients
· Develops outbound communications that are geared towards enhancing the corporate image of the company among the advertising clients and Business Executives
· The jobholder recruits, trains, motivates and evaluates the performance of the Radio Sales team
· Takes responsibility towards reduction of the debt burden together with finance and credit management.
· Coordinate activities with the Advertising Manager and other managers and achieve teamwork in the department and enhance the cross functional potential.
· Responsible for generating and implementing client satisfaction, retention and acquisition programmes.
· Responsible for growing the market share of the Sales revenues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the MPL Commercial Manager –Radio career should hold a bachelor’s degree in any business-related course or equivalent business or sales management.
· Professional qualification or Post graduate diploma in relevant field e.g. CIM
· A minimum of five years of relevant sales experience in an FMCG industry, with at least 2 years at management level
· Previous experience in selling radio
· Computer literacy especially in PowerPoint, Word and Spreadsheets.
· Ability to develop and communicate a clear strategy
· Strong proposal writing skills
· Strong customer focus
· High business acumen
· Results oriented attitude
· Excellent oral & written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent coaching skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents with daytime telephone number via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline