Organization: IMK Business Consultants (IMK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
IMK Business Consultants (IMK) is a Business management consulting firm offering practical and feasible business solutions. IMK operates regionally in four East African countries namely; Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya and Rwanda; with other occasional consultancies made world over to our clients in Europe and other parts of the world. Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for and supply of Talent, HR and Business development services by ensuring quality work to our clients and having experienced competent professionals with the best practical tailor made solutions/training skills to our important asset-THE CLIENT.
Job Summary: The Coffee Factory Manager / Coffee Machine Engineer will oversee the day-to-day coffee dry mill operation including production, manpower planning, plant maintenance, health and safety, and stock management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Plan and coordinate production outputs, production efficiencies and processing cost controls in line with quality measures and set targets.
· Carry out preventive plant/factory maintenances, fix electrical and machines break downs, installations, spares and its inventory management.
· Plan, supervise and manage shift operation, managing shift works to consistently deliver the highest standards of quality, and production efficiency to ensure full capacity utilization of the plant for maximum output.
· Ensuring health, hygiene and safety aspects at work place are maintained at all times.
· Organize and manage storage in warehouses, monitor inventory levels to ensure quality and stock management to maximize space efficiency and stock rotation.
· Plan and coordinate effective utilization of resources such as manpower, machine and material.
· Compile, analyze and submit periodic production, warehousing, manpower, etc. reports to management
· Manage the performance, development and motivation of staff under supervision in line with their performance needs, the operations work plan and the HR Policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Food process Engineering. Management degree or Diploma would be advantageous.
· At least ten years’ experience in plant operation & shop floor work concept.
· Previous experience in Agri-business industry and coffee dry mill would be of added advantage.
· Should have worked in multi-cultural work environment.
· Ability to lead technical, Quality and Warehouse teams
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their personal suitability statement, copies of academic transcripts/certificates and a detailed CV to: The Recruitment Manager, IMK Business Consultants, P.O. Box 35090 Kampala, Uganda or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com Please specify the position title as subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 6th November, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will only be considered for future related jobs openings.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline