Job Title: Chief Security Officer
Organisation: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance & Administration
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a National Ugandan Organization that was established in 1991 as a Medical Institution and HIV/AIDS Centre of Excellence specializing in Medical Research, Health Care and Training.
Job Summary: The Chief Security Officer will be responsible for managing a team of security personnel to ensure the protection of property, assets, and people. Patrols building perimeter, sets up secure point of entry, and investigates suspicious activity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Set-up an effective security structure that meets the current future security needs of the organization.
· Set-up effective security systems, policies and procedures.
· Plan and coordinate security operations for specific events.
· Anticipate and proactively address potential security , risks.
· Develop the security department into a standardized unit.
· In charge of building and maintaining good working relationships with various security stakeholders which include but not limited to (Uganda Police, UPDF among others)
· Regularly monitor, evaluate and report security risks.
· Carry out regular security and business risk audits and facilitate implementation of corrective actions to close the gaps.
· The incumbent will establish a comprehensive risk management and reporting system.
· Implement regular security communication system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a University degree or higher diploma
· Relevant qualification and training in Security, Risk management and Investigations.
· A minimum of five years experience in managing security of a large complex.
· Previous experience using relevant technology and equipment (e.g. CCTV).
· Age Limit: 30-45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of three professional referees should either via post to: Manager Human Resource and Development Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101, Lubowa Hill, Entebbe road P.O. Box 10005, Kampala or via email with all documents combined in one PDF document on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 4th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline