Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor
Organisation: St. Francis Hospital Nsambya
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
St. Francis Hospital Nsambya strives to be a model health care facility of international status by providing sustainable quality Health care, training and research guided by our values of integrity, professionalism and hard work.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will develop and periodically update an Internal Audit Manual.
· The jobholder will develop and table for approval, a comprehensive risk based annual audit plan covering the hospital’s operational, financial and compliance risks.
· Carry out regular audits of the hospital policies to assess the adequacy of its procedures, guidelines and systems.
· Audit and assess the integrity of hospital record keeping in all areas.
· Periodically assess the Implementation and Impact of audit recommendations.
· Assess emerging risks to the hospital’s strategic plans, budgets and resources.
· Prepare and submit quarterly internal audit reports.
· Carry out investigative audits on reported losses, fraud and reports of unusual or suspicious activity of individuals and or departments.
· Regularly monitor compliance to established internal controls, and to statutory regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Send periodic reports of audit findings, recommendations and responses to recommendations from hospital management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a University degree from a recognized institution.
· The applicant should hold professional Accounting qualification (ACCA or CPA).
· Possession of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification is an added advantage.
· At least three years of post-qualification experience in Internal Audit with at least one year of experience in Internal Audit at Management level.
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Ability to lead and motivate multicultural teams.
· Advanced use of Accounting and Microsoft Office packages.
· Ability to work collaboratively with the Board.
· Previous working experience in a hospital environment is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline