Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Organization: CoRSU Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Board
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Job Summary: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the CoRSU Hospital (Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda) reports to the Executive Board and supervises all heads of Departments. S/he will lead the development of the strategic vision and a definitive action plan for the hospital and associated business, ensuring that all departments achieve their strategic objectives, offer high professional standards and quality services. The CEO will also be responsible for the day-to-day management, ensuring high performance and confident delivery of services. The incumbent will provide leadership to CoRSU Hospital to ensure safe handling of the increasing number of patients to a high standard “putting patients first.”
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Actively contribute and participate in the development and promotion of CoRSU’s vision, aims and strategic objectives and initiatives
· Provide advice and support CoRSU’s governance structures as required, including the Executive Board, Assembly Members’ Council and Board Committees
· Apply professional standards and monitor adherence to CoRSU’s operational policies and procedures at all levels within the organisation.
· Conduct a mid-term evaluation of the current CoRSU Strategic Plan
Finance and Operations:
· Work closely with the Head of Finance and Head of HR and Organisational Development to ensure a robust process is in place to agree organisation capacity, financial and activity targets for the current year and in outline for three years forward.
· Provide the Senior Management Team and the Board with operational analysis, information and advice which will assist them in mitigating operational risks, maintaining overall operational control, and in monitoring CoRSU’s performance
· Responsible for the delivery of services within approved budget and ensuring value for money and ensuring patient choice income supports the capacity established within the organisation
· Ensure that CoRSU’s operational profile is cost effective and long and short-term requirements are properly matched to CoRSU’s strategy
Communication and Relationships:
· Take the lead in establishing, maintaining and developing constructive and fruitful working relationships with all members of the health community, local government authorities, donors, etc. fostering a strong culture of partnership
· Lead, manage and influence people through motivation and effective communication
· Build effective external contacts and relationships to ensure that CoRSU is best placed to benefit from clinical networks and specialist care delivery systems
· Have an awareness of customer needs and the ability to deal effectively with the elected representatives, senior public officials, the media and members of the public
· Establish effective relations with key stakeholders, especially in the community and Government health and social care
· Ensure proper visibility of CBM within CoRSU following CoRSU Strategic Plan and in agreement with the Board and Senior Management team
· Prepare timely reports (narrative and financial) to donors including CBM as required.
· Work closely with Clinical Leaders to identify opportunities for implementing new ways of working or ways of improving services within CoRSU
· Support the introduction of pilots or trials of new ways of working and facilitate the process of implementation with staff and throughout the hospital
Performance and Information:
· Actively participate in and develop clear processes for setting performance standards for reporting and reviewing progress and initiating change to improve outcomes and engage clinical leaders in this process
· Establish a clear process to benchmark performance of specific services that a clear relationship is established with tariff and that a basis is developed for measuring identified improvements in performance and associated productivity
· Ensure effective systems are in place for gathering information and that such
· Actively facilitate and provide training opportunities for operational staff to ensure that CoRSU has appropriately skilled staff to meet its requirements and ensure that these functions are adequately resourced.
· Work closely with the Head of Finance to promote the enhancement of financial responsibility and understanding of those who commit expenditure through internal budgetary and accounting arrangements.
· Work in liaison with the Head of Nursing and Medical Director to promote the enhancement of risk management responsibility
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) career placement should hold a first degree in Medical or Social Sciences plus an advanced degree in business management – Master of Business Management and Administration
· Possession of Postgraduate qualification in Health Management and/or in Finance Management /Project Planning and Management
· A minimum of ten years’ experience in management of health-related facilities and/or organisations preferably non-governmental organisations (NGO)
· Prior financial and HR Management experience
· Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Excellent leadership, analytical and organizational skills
· Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written). Knowledge and understanding of local languages would be advantageous
· Computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
· Personal Competencies: Drive for improvement, Personal integrity, Self-management, Drive for results, Empowering others, Managing change
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications in English via e-mail with a meaningful cover letter, CV and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 6th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline