Job Title: Business Development and Marketing Officer
Organization: War on Want Northern Ireland (WoWNI)
Funding Source: Irish Aid Civil Society Fund
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Manager
War on Want Northern Ireland (WoWNi) is an International NGO that works in partnership with vulnerable communities in Teso Sub-region. WoWNi implements projects with funding from Irish Aid Civil Society Fund.
Job Summary: The Business Development and Marketing Officer will offer support to WoWNI partners and farmers develop business and market plans for their enterprises and market linkages.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer technical support the implementation of the project in line with the agreed project framework marketing plans for beneficiaries’ farm products
· Support beneficiaries understand the value for money concept
· Document lessons learnt, best practices and experiences in relation to marketing and business development for improved implementation of the project
· Actively participate in development of monitoring and evaluation templates, tools, and compile data on project progress to ensure excellence in MEL
· Compile narrative field, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on the progress of partner projects, including; outputs, outcomes, lessons learnt/applied, best practices, case studies, challenges and recommendations.
· Carry out routine M&E visits and reflection meetings with partners/farmers
· Facilitate shared learning among partners on relating to business development and marketing of their farm products
· Support the implementing partners build their capacities to apply participatory methods for monitoring their projects.
· Deliver effective trainings as per partner capacity building plan specifically on farming as a business, post harvest handling, value addition, and VSLA, marketing and business knowledge and skills acquired by the partners to ensure implementation of projects and enhance
· Prepare and submit monthly feedback to the Programme Manager and partners on project activities and also seek feedback from partners, funders and
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Business Development and Marketing Officer job opportunity must hold a Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness Management
· At least three years’ experience in the relevant field
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the business development and marketing trends in Teso Sub-region
· Familiarity with participatory approaches to development
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in Ms Word and Excel
· Valid riding permit
· English and Ateso fluency
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications which include a hand written application, updated CV, copies of academic certificates, address and contacts of three referees one of them being your most recent employer addressed to;
The Programme Manager,
War on Want NI,
P.O. Box 451 Soroti. Uganda
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline