Job Title: Audit Manager
Organisation: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Audit Committee and Executive Director
Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
Job Summary: The Audit Manager will be developing, reviewing and implementing policies and procedures for internal audit the Human and Operational systems and other resources to improve UNBS operations, risk management, governance and internal control processes in accordance with the UNBS corporate objectives, strategy and standards set by professional auditing bodies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop, review and implement Internal Audit policy, strategy and appropriate Standards, policies and procedures to guide the delivery of Internal Audit services in line with Audit Charter, departmental workplan and guidelines.
· Regularly monitor the implementation of audit policies and procedures across UNBS departments and functions line with Internal Audit Professional Practices and UNBS set standards.
· Prepare and send Audit reports to help in communicating and interpreting the results of audit activities to relevant UNBS administrative and oversight organs in line with set organisational standards.
· Develop, monitor and maintain internal audit quality program in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, Internal Audit Charter and the Internal Audit Manual.
· Build and maintain productive client relationship between internal audit and other staff and departments in line with UNBS set guidelines.
· Conduct and present regular assurance assignments to both Management and the NSC Audit Committee in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Certified Government Auditing Profession.
· Ensure that there is prompt performance of financial, operational, systems and processes’ audits of all Bureau operations in line with approved workplan and professional standards;
· Coordinate investigations relating to cases of fraud and abuse of law, policies and procedures;
· The incumbent will manage performance and development of staff in the Audit department;
· Ensure that there is continuous follow through on the implementation of external audits’ recommendations and those agreed on from internal audit;
· Continuously review and appraise the systems and operations of the Bureau with an objective of keeping Management and National standards council informed of the extent to which operations are contributing to the realization of UNBS strategic objectives and mandate;
· The jobholder will oversee the performance and development of Audit/risk Management staff in the Audit department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNBS Audit Manager job opportunity should hold a Masters Degree in either Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Auditing, Finance or other relevant business courses.
· Possession of Honours degree in either Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting, Auditing, Finance or other relevant business courses.
· Possession of a professional qualification in accounting, auditing.
· The applicant must be a member of a professional body, relevant to the Audit functional area.
· A minimum of eight years’ experience, five (5) years of which are at a senior Officer level in a reputable organization, international agency or Government Ministry, Department or Agency
· Prior experience and knowledge of Government Accounting Standards attained from government agencies
· Previous experience in conducting other types of audits, other than money related
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficient in Ms Word and Excel, and able to use the Internet
· Proven people leadership and functional management competencies with hands-on skills in Risk Management areas
· Highly dynamic, analytical and innovative with keen attention to detail, clear strategic focus/orientation as well as demonstrable capacity to manipulate, interpret and/or translate functional data into useful Management information and also to develop innovative strategies for UNBS
· High moral and ethical standards; proven integrity, professionalism, competence and/or potential
· Excellent communication, conceptual and interpersonal skills
· Age: Between 35 and 55 years
How to Apply:
All qualified applicants should send their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity cards and detailed CVs with mobile telephone numbers indicated, names and contact details of three referees, to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda National Bureau of Standards,
Bweyogerere Industrial Park,
Plot 2-12 Kyaliwajala Road,
P.O. Box 6329, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 28th October 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline