Job Title: Assistant Resident Engineer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Resident Engineer
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Will act on behalf of the Resident Engineer in his absence.
· Implement the requirements of the Construction Discipline Quality Manual.
· Complete self-audit form on a monthly basis.
· Maintain site dairy.
· Arrange testing of materials and workmanship, issue job requests to the laboratory.
· Establish dates for the technical meetings, compile the agenda and minutes and distribute them.
· Attend safety meetings.
· Update the drawings with “As Built” information on a continuous basis.
· Update the “As Built” materials documentation on a continuous basis.
· Ensure that all work is submitted for approval and implement the “Request for Approval of Work” procedure.
· Work closely with the Designer with regards to material mix designs and facilitate approval thereof.
· Regularly monitor the establishment of the testing facility.
· Receive test results from the Lab Manager.
· Check all materials and products that are delivered to site.
· Perform visual inspections.
· Evaluate and approve work and maintain required registers.
· Take photographs on a regular basis.
· Prepare snag lists.
· Finalise site records and prepare for storage.
· Make contributions to the monthly construction report.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or internationally recognised equivalent.
· The applicant must be a Chartered Civil Engineer or Registered with an equivalent Engineering Professional Organisation.
· At least ten years of post-graduate experience of carrying out road design and construction supervision of which at least 3 years as Assistant Resident Engineer or project manager on road construction or rehabilitation projects.
· At least three years relevant experience in developing countries on similar assignments.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join AECOM are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline