Job Title: Administrative Officer
Organization: Uganda Road Fund (URF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Corporate Services
Uganda Road Fund (URF) is a body corporate established by the Uganda Road Fund Act 2008, to finance routine and periodic maintenance of public roads.
Job Summary: The Administrative Officer will be in charge of the implementation of URF Administration policies, facility management of URF resources fleet and assets, provision of administrative support for smooth running of URF operations, programmes and activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will implement and regularly submit proposals to Management to review the Administration Manual of the Fund.
· The Administrative Officer will prepare and implement the annual work plan and budget for the Administration function (including procurement of physical assets i.e. vehicles, furniture and equipment) and provide quarterly progress reports to Management.
· The incumbent will also manage the physical assets of the Fund and provide support to the Fund Management Function in the maintenance of Fixed Assets by ensuring that all assets are engraved and entered on to the Fixed Assets Register; Initiate the disposal of URF assets in compliance with set policies and procedures
· Ensure that all Assets of the Fund such as Motor vehicles, computers and other physical assets are comprehensively insured.
· Manage the tenancy agreement/relationship between URF and the landlord to ensure compliance with the agreement, implement cost-effective and efficient methods for payment of utilities, supervise repairs and ensure safety of the work environment for URF staff (i.e. by monitoring expiry dates on fire extinguishers, exit routes and ensuring that Management and staff are aware of any occupational hazards).
· Manage the cleaning, security and catering services within the Road Fund offices and provide monthly progress reports to the Management on the provision of these services.
· Manage the URF vehicle fleet to ensure proper maintenance, inspect the Log books to collate the mileage displayed with the vehicle odometer against the logbook, recommend for repairs upon inspection and provide monthly reports on Motor Vehicle maintenance to Management.
· Develop and implement the Records Management System for the proper maintenance of the records of the Fund; set up the Central Registry and create systems for comprehensive document control processes/procedures for use by all staff.
· Responsible for the requisition for stock from the stores for use by departments upon authorization by the Fund Management Department.
· Provide facility management plan to the ongoing partnership between URF and PPDA to develop a joint office space, tendering timely and correct advice to the joint committee.
· Supervise and appraise the Client Relations Assistant, Drivers, Office Assistant and Office Attendant in accordance with set targets; submit to Management, bi-annual performance appraisal reports on the performance of the front office and support functions respectively.
· Perform any other duties assigned by Management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Uganda Road Fund Administrative Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Administration, Management or other relevant discipline.
· Possession of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Management Studies or relevant field shall be of added advantage.
· Membership of an Administration related Professional Association;
· A minimum of five years’ experience gained in a reputable agency especially in Administration and facility management.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to achieve results;
· Broad knowledge and experience of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements in the public sector;
· Shall have clear and demonstrable understanding of the Road Fund and its relating stakeholders and designated agencies.
· Demonstrable knowledge, understanding and experience of facilities planning and management;
· Demonstrable knowledge, understanding and experience of handling Board affairs and procurement processes including contract management;
· Flexible and able to respond effectively to unforeseen work environment circumstances to ensure workforce comfort, safety, and adequate provisions at all times;
· High integrity, with high levels of confidentiality;
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
· Excellent analytical skills, good oral and written skills;
· Computer literacy
· Self-driven practical person with a high sense of responsibility requiring minimum supervision;
· Team player, innovative worker and pleasant personality.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications accompanied by;
· A capability statement detailing the applicant’s general qualifications, adequacy for the post and illustrated personal experience
· Detailed Curriculum Vitae showing experience and positions held
· Current Salary
· Three professional referees including phone and E-mail contacts
· Copies of testimonials
· Postal Addresses, daytime telephone contacts and E-mail address of applicant
The complete application package should be sent in hardcopy to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Road Fund,
5th Floor TWED Towers, Plot 10 Kafu Road, Nakasero,
P.O. Box 7501, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline