Job Title: Administrative Assistant for Stores
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Office Management Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant for Stores will provide support to USAID’s RHITES-EC staff with the overall aim of ensuring smooth functioning of operations and project activities. She/he is an integral part of the administrative team and will work closely with program staff to ensure project stores needs are met.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will work closely with procurement to receive purchased stock for all general office supplies, and ensures safe custody and proper use and maintenance of office supplies.
· Responsible for the organization stores; s/he will receive, issue and ensure all inventory in the stores is safe and adequately recorded on a daily basis.
· Oversee the regular upkeep and maintenance of the store, ensuring the availability of adequate amount of office stationary, cleaning material and other goods in the stores.
· Work in liaison with the Project Finance team, coordinate payment of goods and services upon receipt of invoices in accordance with URC policies and ensure compliance with USAID financial and procurement policies and procedures.
· Ensure compliance to stock management procedures (records, filling and identification).
· Take stock of, and order, office consumables, including stationary, cleaning supplies, and kitchen materials
· Keep a database of all received and dispatched commodities and supplies to supported facilities
· Ensure proper identification of all arrival/departure material (quantity, quality, and delivery).
· Ensure correct preparation of deliveries as per allocations from the program staff
· Ensure proper physical stock management requirements (organisation, cleaning, ventilation
· Follow-up with special attention expiry date of commodities, and warn the concerned persons two months before expiry date.
· Carry out monthly inventory counts of stock and ensure that stock cards are created, up-to-date, and accurate.
· Prepare all consignment and shipping documents (Delivery Note, way bill etc) to be transported to the various supported facilities
· Ensure safe preparation and loading of cargo onto transportation vehicles
· Assist in equipment and asset stock inventory when needed
· Oversee repairs and maintenance of the office premises, including compound cleaning, indoor repairs, and routine maintenance
· Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor and other senior staff.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Administrative Assistant for Stores job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Procurement & Supply chain management, or related field. Possession of a post Graduate diploma in Stores management or equivalent course will be an advantage.
· A minimum of three years’ relevant work experience in a similar position in an NGO setting.
· Excellent planning, organising, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment, pay attention to detail and maintaining confidentiality is a must.
· Impeccable level of integrity.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline