Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Director Human Resource
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities which was established in 1996 in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is:” To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.”
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will provide effective secretarial, administrative and office management services to the Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Tasked with preparing notes, correspondences and reports using a variety of computer software packages such as word processing, spreadsheets, database, PowerPoint, graphical presentation, Internet and other applicable programmes.
· Responding to telephone and internet inquiries, providing information to callers or routing calls to appropriate officials.
· The Administrative Assistant will be attending to official visitors and walk-in customers/clients.
· In charge of disseminating mails and other information for the office.
· Fixing Appointments for the Deputy Director Human Resource.
· The incumbent will also be maintaining Office equipment and materials.
· Organizing Unit meetings, conferences, exhibitions, and accurately recording proceedings of various deliberations.
· Managing records and ensuring confidentiality and safety of official documents.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by Management and or Deputy Director Human Resource from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UWA Administrative Assistant career opportunity must hold an Honors Degree in Secretarial Studies or its equivalent from a recognized University.
· Knowledge of the latest Desktop Publishing Packages will be highly desirable.
· A minimum of three years relevant working experience from a reputable Organization.
· Proficiency in Information and Communications Technology
· Skills and experience in records and information management
· Good time management skills
· High degree of confidentiality
· Good public relations and customer care skills
· Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs and three (3) competent referees with daytime telephone contact addressed and submitted to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Authority,
Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline