Job Title: Admin Manager
Organization: Wageningen UR Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
Centre for Development Innovation (CDI) is the interdisciplinary and internationally focused unit of Wageningen University & Research Centre. CDI works on processes of innovation and change through facilitating innovation, brokering knowledge and supporting capacity development. The proposed Integrated Seed Sector Development (ISSD) Plus Uganda programme is coordinated by CDI and implemented by Wageningen UR Uganda, the legal entity in Uganda. The four-year ISSD Plus project to be funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kampala. The programme aims to strengthen the development of a vibrant, pluralistic and market-oriented seed sector that is able to address key challenges that hamper the seed sector development such as seed quality assurance and availability of foundation seed.
Job Summary: The Admin Manager will be responsible for ensuring efficient office operations, human resource management, procurement and grants management. Office operations include fleet management, IT, asset management and security. S/he is responsible smooth running of the organisation, making sure that procedures are in place and adhered to. The admin manager will be supported by a grants officer and admin officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly review and update all administrative policies, procedures and manuals (incl. procurement, human resource, grants management, vehicle pool management) and ensure adherence in the organisation to application of standards, policies and procedures
· Perform human resource functions including staff contracts, staff file management, recruitment, management of appraisal system and be a focal point for staff on HR related issues
· Manage the grants provided to implementing partners, including preparing contracts, follow up on reporting deadlines, coordinate with coordinators on content reporting and with finance manager on accountably
· Regularly monitor grant implementation for compliance requirements and provide efficient and up-to-date process for tracking grants payments and matching funding from public and private sector
· Assist the grants officer, admin officer, Kampala and up-country based drivers, and coordinate with IFDC on shared office staff
· Assist the COP and CDOP in preparation of contracts for service providers, partners and consultants
· Manage vehicle and staff movements, and follow up compliance with vehicle policy on vehicle movements, logbooks, maintenance and fuel.
· Maintain and manage insurance policies, incl. medical, workman’s compensation, vehicle
· Manage the procurement and/or sale of equipment, materials, supplies, products, or services in accordance with the procurement and asset disposal policies. Also handle the acquisition, distribution, and storage of equipment and supplies. Maintain up to date records.
· Supervise and provide guidance to zonal finance & admin assistants in procurement of goods and services in the respected zones
· Prepare and submit quarterly reports on administrative issues
· Perform any other duty as may be required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or other related field. A Masters degree (MBA) will be an added advantage
· At least five years’ experience in a management position supervising admin staff
· At least three years’ experience in office management
· A minimum of three years’ experience in grants management
· Ability to work effectively as a team leader and collaboratively as part of a team and desire to lead others towards excellence.
· Outgoing people oriented personality who can take lead in human resource development
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· Keen attention to detail, strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to multi task and maintain composure under demanding conditions.
How to Apply:
All suitably and qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs (max. 6 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: DO NOT attach certificates or academic qualification.
Deadline: 23rd October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline