Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Accounting and Finance:
· Manage all processes of WK construction invoice billings, cash receipts and timely posting and payments on invoices.
· Manage all government billing procedures, inquiries and audits.
· Manage monthly credit reconciliations and payments.
· Ensure timely completion of financial monthly reports.
· Daily and weekly cash flow forecasting, monthly operating budget reviews and adjustments.
· Monitor and follow up on debtors' collections, assist in internal controls within the department.
· Manage cashbook, balance sheet reconciliation, and preparation of management accounts / Journals and loading payments on our banking system
Procurement and Logistics management:
· Process purchase requisitions / orders. Follow-up with Suppliers on deliveries and coordinate with Inventory to ensure that all items are delivered on time and updated in the system without delays.
· The incumbent will ensure the execution and monitoring of all regular purchasing duties, advise Procurement Specialist of any discrepancies/amendments of any POs as part of the process.
· Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
· Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
· Arrange, track and keep trace of inbound Courier whenever required.
· Build, maintain and develop the relationship with existing freight forwarder with main focus on flawless and swift transport keeping a tight control on costs
· Manage a fleet of vehicles in a manner that provides a reliable and cost effective transportation of company goods
· Keenly monitor and manage fuel usage of the Company vehicles.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Accountant must hold a Master’s degree in Business administration (accounting or Finance major)
· Member of a professional body (CPA, ACCA)
· A minimum of five years of experience in a related field, including managing department of a high-growth organization
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work well in teams
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in, Microsoft office, sage, tally, and quick books
· Broad knowledge and understanding of Accounting and Corporate Finance
· Good reporting skills
· Keen attention to detail
· Skilled in reporting research results
· SFAS rules, confidentiality
· Good time management skills
· Good data entry management skills
· General math skills (using mathematics to solve problems)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (two of whom should have been direct supervisors) to our e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Note: Please kindly mark your application as "Application _ Accountant” In the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 10th October 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline