Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Cipla Quality Chemicals Industries Limited (CiplaQCIL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Cipla Quality Chemicals Industries Limited (CiplaQCIL) is a state-of-the-art WHO certified pharmaceutical manufacturing plant located at Luzira Industrial Park, Kampala producing anti-retroviral drugs (ARVs) & Artemisinin-based Combination Therapies (ACTs) to combat HIV/AIDS and Malaria respectively. Founded in 2005, it is a joint venture between Uganda’s Quality Chemicals Limited & Cipla Ltd, a leading Indian pharmaceutical company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly review and ensure business systems processes are functioning properly
· The jobholder will review all profit and loss accounts for appropriateness
· Prepare monthly accruals for all unbilled services and reverse the same the following month after receipt of actual bills
· Maintain the fixed assets register and prepare depreciation journals every month
· Prepare information for the monthly business review pack
· Update and maintain records and accountability for any capital expenditure
· The incumbent will prepare and maintain costing schedules for all products
· Prepare price schedules and update the same in the system
· Reconcile inter-company accounts and ensure proper consolidation
· Complete posting of finished goods production journals in the system and ensure correct rates are used
· Post work in process (WIP) in the system, goods invoices from store, sales invoices for all deliveries every month end
· Prepare the payroll and resultant payment vouchers
· Maintain a general ledger and inventory accounts reconciliations on a daily basis
· Facilitate periodic audit exercises with the required information
· Cost finished products while considering all costs and overheads involved in the production
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accounts,
· A member of the Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
· At least three years of related work experience in a busy financial institution.
· Excellent working experience of computer packages like Tally.
· Highly self-driven
· Highly self-motivated with integrity
· Good team player,
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Computer literacy i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is also required.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should preferably post, email, or hand deliver their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional qualifications, contact details for three (3) professional referees and a day-time telephone number to the address below:
The Human Resource Manager
Cipla Quality Chemical Industries Ltd
Luzira Industrial Park, P.O. Box 34871, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 1st November, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline