Job Title: Accountability Officer
Organisation: GOAL International
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: ACT Health Accountability Manager
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest of the poor. We are a non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political organisation. GOAL Uganda country project focuses on two of GOAL’s three strategic sectors: Health (including WASH and health accountability programming); and Livelihoods. GOAL Uganda mainstreams HIV, gender, child protection and the environment/DRR across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach, and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with local civil society organisations, private sector partners and District Local Government to give effect to our mission.
Job Summary: The Accountability Officer will ensure that ACT Health’ Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that guide the implementation of programme activities at the community and health facility level are in place. The Accountability Officer will be responsible for direct implementation of activities at the community, health facility, and district levels per the SOPs and ACT Health strategy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should hold a diploma in social work and administration, community development, or any relevant academic qualifications
· A minimum of three years’ experience in participatory, community-driven facilitation activities
· Strong facilitation skills and ability to engage community in meaningful discussion
· Previous experience in advocacy is an added advantage.
· Ability to travel extensively, work and live in remote and hard to reach areas.
· Strong presentation and participatory facilitation skills in English
· Able to type a document or report in Word and use basic formulas in Excel
· In-depth knowledge of Tororo
· The applicant must be fluent (read and write) in Japadhola
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japadhola and English
· Knowledge of health governance and social accountability
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their applications which must include at least 4 reference contacts (2 professional, 2 character references, including your supervisor and the most recent/previous employer), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please do not attach certificates and indicate the Position applied for in the email subject.
Deadline: 25th October 2016