Job Title: Loans Officer (6 Career Jobs)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Manager
Languages Spoken: Rukonjo, Rutooro, Rwamba, Lubwisi, Sabin, Ng’karamajong, Acholi, Lugbara, Ateso, Japhadola, Samia
Job Summary: The Junior Credit Officer will primarily ensure credit appraisals and documentations, monitor payments of credit clients and also ensure loan/ payments recovery in order to minimize non-performing loans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Authenticate documentation presented for all credit applications and ensure they meet the Solar Now requirements and any other requirements.
· Ensure compliance with Solar Now’s Credit Policy, Procedures and service level agreements.
· Appraisal of Credit applications and make recommendations.
· Actively participate in Credit Committee to verify approval or rejection of applications.
· The incumbent will manage portfolio to ensure good performance; clients pay on time.
· Ensure all applicants are advised on fate of applications within reasonable time.
· Proactively manage risk /exposure for assigned portfolio
· Ensure recovery of systems pledged as security on delinquent loans.
· Offer support in the restructuring of debts in the interest of the Solar Now and customer.
· Manage Customer and stakeholder relations in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Junior Credit Officer jobs must hold Bachelor’s Degrees in Business Administration, micro-finance OR it’s equivalent
· A minimum of four years’ working experience in related field in a reputable organization
· Applicants must have worked in with at least the Banking, Micro finance, Solar, Small/ Micro- Lending sector.
· Ability to speak at least more than two local languages.
· Flexible and ready to travel and work upcountry.
· Keen attention to detail
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent communication and reporting skills
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Good team player
· A fit with SolarNow values
NOTE: Candidates without passion and energy need not to bother applying.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 28th October, 2016