Job Title: Program Officer (8 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Program Officer will be the project’s clinical liaison person at each the 11 supported districts with in the East central region. They will be embedded in each of the 11 project DHO offices
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will support the HIV clinic teams to provide HIV services as per the national guidelines.
· Offer technical support to the TB and Mother Baby care points in providing HIV care and treatment services.
· Support the integration of quality improvement approaches into health services delivery at the health facilities within the districts.
· Provide technical support to HIV prevention services within the supported districts including HIV Counselling and Testing, Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision and PMTCT services
· Work with the entire HIV service delivery team to ensure functional linkages within the health facilities
· Closely support the project M&E team, and individual project staff in ensuring reporting of health facility results on a quarterly and monthly basis (hospital performance reviews)
· Develop a procedure to monitor the redistribution of laboratory and pharmaceutical items
· Support the test and treat strategies for both Malaria and HIV
· Coordination and Monitoring of Laboratory Hub Performance
· To ensure lab hubs function efficiently at all times.
· Work closely with the health unit Laboratory In Charges and the project laboratory team to ensure laboratory equipment are maintained and repaired per schedule
· Support the Hub Coordinator in Laboratory hub rider scheduling, and ensuring the back rider is engaged when needed (e.g. to cover leave, or when motorbike under repair, etc.)
· Assist the Hub Coordinator in ensuring the hub motorbike is maintained and the repair schedules are adhered to, to minimize down-time (in liaison with RHITES-EC fleet officer) as due
· Coordinate and plan for the Bi-annual laboratory hub review meetings in liaison with the project laboratory team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Program Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery and a Master’s Degree in a Health related field preferably Public Health is an added advantage
· A minimum of two years’ work experience in HIV management gained through serving within a government institution/NGO
· Possession of a valid registration certificate from the Uganda Medical and Dental practitioners Council.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with project management abilities.
· Previous exposure and experience in handling quality improvement approaches and providing clinical training to service providers and stake holders are added advantage
· Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts.
· Self-motivated and result-oriented person.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016