Duty Station: Arua, Bugiri, Busia, Bukwo, Bundibugyo, Fortportal, Gulu, Hoima, Ibanda, Iganga, Ishaka, Isingiro, Kabale, Kagadi, Kamuli, Kamwenge, Kapchorwa, Kasese, Katakwi, Kayunga, Kiboga, Kotido, Kumi, Kyotera, Lira, Luweero, Lyantonde, Masaka, Masindi, Mbale, Mbarara, Mityana, Mubende, Mukono, Ntungamo, Mpigi, Rukungiri, Rushere, Soroti, Tororo, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: (Regional) Sales Manager
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Job Summary: The Direct Sales Officer will identify potential buyers of Solar Now products, do installations and offer client satisfaction in accordance with Solar Now Standard Operational Procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sales, installation & client relationships
- The Direct Sales Officer will market for Solar Now products through generating quality leads by contacting potential buyers of solar systems and fill in the lead form.
- Lead Conversation: Follow-up on Branch leads (after 1 week) & HQ leads (within 24 hours, from Incoming Media; references, no depositors, rejections and others). Note comments in SAS for easy follow up.
- Client follow-up: Contact existing clients and offer/get: Replacements; Upgrades; Referrals.
- Assessment: Fill in the application form and terms, make quotations and decide on payment terms with the client
- The Direct Sales Officer will assess credit applicants
- Receive systems and other products for the branch from Logistics
- Carry out installations following proper Solar Now procedures
- Offer timely support to the Service team in preventing and solving cases.
Key Result Areas / KPIs: The Direct Sales Officer Job has a target of hitting 12 Million per month.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the 645 Direct Sales Officer jobs must hold Degrees in Marketing OR electrical engineering OR equivalent
- Technical (solar) experience is an advantage (technical diploma holders are encouraged to apply)
- A minimum of two years of related experience in sales and marketing in a reputable organisation
- Previous experience in field or upcountry is mandatory
- Previous experience in Renewable energy business.
- Suitable candidates must speak the native language in the specified region
- Be ready to live and work in the region (Please check top of advert for duty station)
A fit with SolarNow Values:
- Keen attention to detail
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good team player
Job Terms and Conditions:
- SolarNow offers industry standard remuneration and other benefits (health insurance, lunch, etc.).
- Growth opportunities to Branch Team Leader positions possible for high performers
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, email@example.com, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 14th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline