Job Title: Driver (6 Job Placements)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Driver performs the operations, maintenance, and management of project vehicles, including routine maintenance, as well as providing transportation for project activities for all staff. As needed, the Driver performs office support tasks, as requested.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will drive project personnel and equipment to locations in Uganda for project activities. Maintain timely schedule set by program staff.
· Maintain project vehicles, keep accurate records for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs, and schedule routine maintenance and cleaning
· Observe all company vehicle utilization policies and in country traffic laws
· Perform daily errands such as collecting and delivering mail, making bank deposits and withdrawals, purchasing items for the office, and refueling the vehicles on an as-needed basis
· The incumbent will transport staff or consultants to project sites and offices or for implementation of activities
· Ensure the readiness of the vehicle, in a good mechanical condition and ensure vehicle is prepared for long trips on rough terrain prior to field visits.
· Update and maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle both inside and out. Ensure that the first aid kit is in place and stocked at all times.
· Assist in routine office chores when necessary such as photocopying, binding, filing, moving furniture, answering telephones, sending faxes, and cleaning the office premises
· Conduct routine monthly service of the vehicle, including oil changes and general service.
· Complete the vehicle log book on a daily basis, recording all travel and requiring staff transported to sign, and submit to Finance & Administration Director for review and approval on a weekly basis.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Driver job placement should have preferably completed secondary school
· Valid Ugandan Driver’s License with a clean driving record
· Certificate on mechanics and defensive driving
· A minimum of seven years prior experience in professional driving
· Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through Kampala and other districts
· Previous work experience on a USAID or other development project is desirable.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· English language proficiency.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline