Job Title: Community Affairs Assistant (6 Career Jobs)
Organisation: Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Corporate Outreach and Communications Officer
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
About ADB UREAP:
The Government of Uganda received a loan from the African Development Bank for the implementation of the Uganda Rural Electricity Access Project (UREAP). The Rural Electricity Access Project is one of several projects designed to achieve the target set in Rural Electrification Strategy and Plan (RESP-2), which aims to increase access to electricity in rural areas from 7% to 26% by 2022. The objective of the project is to provide access to electricity and enhance economic growth in rural areas of the country. Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Executing Agency for the project, under the supervision of the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development (MEMD).
Job Summary: The Community Affairs Assistant will be responsible for disseminating project information, sensitize, mobilize and coordinate community involvement and participation during project design and implementation, with the aim of achieving the project objectives, smooth project implementation and enhancing initial connections. The community affairs officer will coordinate day-to-day stakeholder participation geared towards smooth project implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Community Affairs Assistant will be responsible for the following duties;
· In charge of the implementation of the social aspects of the project within the project areas, through community sensitization and information dissemination on the project’s objectives.
· Increase community awareness of REA projects, including connections initiatives and any other project interventions.
· The jobholder will enhance community participation during project design and implementation
· Mobilize and coordinate community involvement during project implementation
· Sensitize communities on the productive use of energy and issues of health and safety when using electricity
· Provide marketing support to the service providers in the different service territories.
· Support the wayleaves office in addressing disputes over wayleaves rights, land ownership and tree cutting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field including; Communications and Media, Public Relations, Marketing, Social Sciences, Social Work and Development Studies.
· At least two years’ experience in outreach related programs.
· Public speaking ability in the English language and additional local languages
· Computer literate and able to used Ms. Office applications for report writing.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, Kampala - Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline