Job Title: Stenographer Secretary (4 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Education Service Commission (ESC)
Duty Station: Uganda
HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 36 (051) for 2 Technical Institutes (Lugogo Vocational Training Institute and Butaleja Technical Institute)
HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 36 (057) for UTC Lira
HRM 48/185/01 Vol. 36 (051) for Technical Schools / Polytechnics (Bobi Community Polytechnic)
The Education Service Commission (ESC) is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate. The vision of Education Service Commission is to see “quality education delivered by efficient and effective education service personnel.”
Job Summary: The Stenographer Secretary will provide efficient and effective secretarial services
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Type and present work for signature
· The jobholder will take dictations and then transcribe
· Receive and files correspondences, minutes and other documents
· Receive visitors and attend to their queries
· The incumbent receives telephone calls and channel them to appropriate offices
· Book and schedule appointments for the Principal
· Receive and dispatch mail
· Draft letters and prepare responses to simple letters
· Look after the office welfare and ensure that the office is well facilitate and secure
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should preferably hold Diplomas in Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution in the following subjects; Business communication stage II, 40 (wpm) shorthand stage II (80/90wpm), Office Practice II/ Secretarial studies II.
· Hold an O’ Level certificate with credits in English language and 3 passes.
· A minimum of two years’ experience gained from continuous service in secretarial work.
· Computer knowledge using Microsoft Word
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to fill in applications in triplicate and submit them to the Secretary, Education Service Commission P.O. Box 7196, Kampala, Uganda. The forms can be picked from Education Service Commission Offices, 1st Floor Farmers House on Parliamentary Avenue, Kampala, Ministry of Education & Sports Headquarters, Kampala and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the ESC website, download here.
The complete applications should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post. Applicants should attach certified copies of their certificates and transcripts and any relevant document(s) plus three recent passport size photographs on each of the application forms. Serving officers must route their applications through their Head of Institution / Department, who should be advised on the closing date to ensure submission within the deadline.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline