Job Title: Project Coordinator (3 Job Careers)
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator will mainly support and oversee implementation of the USAID’s RHITES-EC Program, covering the following technical areas: TB, malaria, HIV, VMMC, nutrition, PMTCT, MNCH, Laboratory systems, Supply Chain, community Linkages and family planning. He will also oversee the district based finance and administration functions of the USAID’s RHITES-EC Program and manage relations with respective districts in East Central Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Management and Supervision:
· Supervise financial and administrative activities including conducting staff appraisals, reviewing and approving financial and administrative requests and accountabilities
· Support development and timely submission of work plans and budgets
· Manage the district cluster M&E officer and ensure that the M&E system is responsive to the needs of the program
· Keenly review and improve technical strategies employed to ensure the USAID’s RHITES EC project work plan is adhered to and implemented with measurable success
· Provide decentralized management, coaching, and technical assistance to DHOs and district-based civil society counterparts in their assigned districts
· Regularly review and monitor sub-granting process to the district and follow-up accountability of the grants in liaison with grants officer and program officers
· Develop and maintain a competent & motivated team of district cluster teams through implementing HR support activities in line with the Human resources manual
· Support the submission of quality and accurate technical reports quarterly, biweekly, and at all other requested times
· Ensure that cross-cutting themes like gender, health workforce development and leadership are well integrated into activities
· Work in liaison with the KM staff, support the process of documenting best practices in form of case studies, success stories, abstracts, video clips in addition to the routine biweekly updates, quarterly and annual reports
· Hold regular activities to assess and build necessary competencies amongst the technical team supporting district cluster that is led.
· Work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team ensure that data collected is accurate and valid and captures process and outcome indicators
· Do coaching and mentoring at health facilities to improve the quality of services
· Strengthen and monitor the implementation of a system for promoting the provision of pharmaceutical & laboratory services and logistics management in terms of pharmaceutical & laboratory supplies in the supported districts
· Manage project funds and financial advances at health facility & supported District levelDevelop and monitor the implementation of the capacity building plans based on clear identified needs i.e. training, mentorship, and support supervision programs as well as retooling plan (materials, working tools & space) which includes refurbishment of appropriate infrastructures as per the various program objectives
· Build and manage relations with the respective districts through regular engagement, coordination meetings and joint review of plans and activities
· Coordinate with the District teams to develop, manage and implement work plans.
· Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and networks with district key stakeholders and other partner organizations involved in programs and advocate for a comprehensive, relevant and harmonized interventions in the region in line with various program
·Develop and monitor the implementation of strategy for strengthening the referral system from village level using VHTs/ community stake holders to various levels of health facilities as well as the Regional Referral Hospital in line with MoH referral structure
· Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Project Coordinator job placement must hold a Master’s degree in public Health or related field. Additional Medical Qualification or HIV training will be an added advantage
· A minimum of ten years’ work experience in HIV program management preferably with 3 years at managerial level in a reputable government institution/NGO with proven ability to coordinate activities of different stakeholders at a national level.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with project management abilities.
· Experience in handling Quality Improvement approaches and providing clinical training to service providers and stake holders are added advantage
· Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts.
· Self-motivated and result-oriented person.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline