Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is mainly responsible for supporting the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation agenda and the creation systems to measure and document program process, output and impact data results by routinely and systematically collecting, analyzing and presenting program data for project staff, partners as well as the donors within the districts that are supported.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will be coordinating with central office M&E staff implement robust M&E systems, identify and monitor key program activities in order to document results, and ensure the integration of those results into Uganda’s health system’s decision-management processes.
· Managing the collection, analysis, and reporting of baseline data and ongoing M&E data collection, analysis and reporting according to project M&E plan.
· Carrying out data verification and quality control exercises at and provide support on improvement of data quality.
· Preparing and ensuring timely submission of project performance monitoring plans, including developing and defining program indicators and sources of data, as well as contributing to annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other project documents.
· Working with the M&E team to determine technical and logistical needs for strengthening the project’s M&E system.
· Tracking monitoring indicators of all health component activities and periodically provide data to the Senior Management Team of the project.
· In charge of documenting progress on outcome level indicators attributable to project interventions at appropriate geographical levels including community level indicators.
· Ensure that all stakeholders in the collection and management of the data to be used by the project have a clear understanding of the results framework, indicators and the data collection tools.
· Responsible for writing reports, presenting suggestions and recommendations based on monitoring and evaluation findings.
· In charge of participating in the planning for dissemination and lessons learned and present results of program achievements and outputs in written reports and at conferences and meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Monitoring and Evaluation Officer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, or Quantitative Economics
· A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in leading M&E processes, including routine health and survey data management and survey activities for complex health systems strengthening and/or service delivery programs.
· Previous exposure and experience with conducting research and evaluation in Health Systems Strengthening, HIV/AIDS, malaria, family planning, maternal, newborn and child health, or nutrition is desirable.
· Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
· Prior experience with monitoring progress in financing, accounting, planning, budgeting and auditing is an asset.
· Previous experience with capacity building.
· Previous experience with conducting Lot Quality Assurance Sampling (LQAS) studies
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline